Tuesday, October 21, 2008

iPhone? Are you kidding me?

Ok, so the iPhone is now the single largest money maker for "Apple Inc.". Wow. Who would have thought it? So Apple computers has rebranded to Apple Inc, and the iPhone, although the accounting is a bit strange, generated more than 30% of their revenue last quarter.

I don't have an iPhone. Sure, I would like to have one. But when they were 400+, I just couldn't justify it. I ended up buying an AT&T Tilt for $199 not long before Apple released their newest version for the same price. So what is it about the iPhone that makes it soo good? Curb appeal eh? Everybody has one so I am getting one too.

If people everywhere can get that excited about a phone that is simply another phone with a cooler interface and nice pretty touch screen, why is it that we have such a hard time getting them excited about the God we serve. People are hungry to fit in. People desire to be a part of something. We have such an open door to witness and share about God's greatness, but somehow timidity, fear, pride, selfishness, and many other things get in our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment