Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Life without Power

Today I had the humbling experience of going without power for several hours. I will spare you the details of the why's and what for's to really hit on what I want to share. Some of you might know that I work from home. So, without electricity and I cannot do my work at all. What a bummer (seriously). Furthermore, the food in the refrigerator stands the chance of spoiling if enough time passes without power. You cannot watch tv. The a/c doesn't work. My cell phone battery died and usually I would not be able to charge it. However, Melanie's laptop was well powered and I was able to use the USB cable to connect my phone and charge it. The ice and water dispenser on the refrigerator doesn't work. Obviously you cannot turn on the lights or any other electrical device (again keyword: obviously).

I was very irritated to say the least. The situation was avoidable, yet my neglect made it happen. To help with my irritation, the window for it to be reconnected was 15 hours. 15 hours are you kidding me? That is actually what I told one of the customer service reps.

No power = No fun. Or it is No power = No function.

Life without God is like a house without electricity. God is the power that supplies the source to our appliances. He gives us everything we need and even the desires of our heart according to his plan and purposes. Without God, most things don't work. You might have some functionality but not your fullest potential. The fun factor might seem to be one that eludes this analogy. However, what fun you do have without God will repay you 10 times over with misery that the fun will be soon forgotten.

Give God the time He deserves. Pay Him what is due. You do not want to be without His power!

5 comments:

  1. i am here...and i will be reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. let's keep it going

    ReplyDelete
  3. texas wins, new iphone, restful weekend, and still nothing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Texas wins. Ah yes. I will be posting about them soon. I didn't get a new iPhone. Do you know something I don't know. Yeah, I guess it was pretty restful. Anonymous is my biggest commenter : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. why do you comment on your own blog?
    trying to pump up your numbers?

    ReplyDelete